The numbers are ter from latest studies of junior teenagers of Generation Z, also known spil “Homelanders” or the kids who go after Generation Y. They are part of a population who grew up during the aftermath of 9/11, where terrorism is part of the landscape, a sour economy is all they know and uncertainty defines our mindsets.
Ter many ways, wij need to zekering assuming they’ll simply be extensions of Generation Y (or Millennials). They are the junior counterparts to the older generation and have grown up with fresh technology that has marked them. While Generation Y grew up with computers, Generation Z grew up with touch-screens. Their phones have always bot “brainy.” Bill Clinton is a voorzitter from history, and Madonna is an aged veteran. like Elton John or Michael Jackson. They never knew hier when she wasgoed “like a cherry.” Wij live ter a fresh day.
The shifts this fresh generation will bring.
1. While Generation Y spent money boldly and with few boundaries, 57 procent of Generation Z chooses saving money to spending it.
Two. While Generation Y spent fountains of time at the mall, Generation Z chooses shopping online for almost all their purchases. except for online games. Hmmm.
Trio. While Generation Y grew up during a strong economy, Generation Z is growing up te a time of recession, terrorism, violence, volatility and complexity.
Four. While Generation Y subscribed to everything social, Generation Z doesn’t want to be tracked, preferring Snapchat, Secret, or Whisper to communicate.
Five. While Generation Y observed YouTube, Hulu and Netflix, Generation Z wants to co-create, live stream and help to make up the activity spil they participate.
6. While Generation Y loved sports and venture, Generation Z sees sports spil a health instrument, not for play. Their games are inwards. Teenage obesity has tripled since 1970.
7. While Generation Y grew up with slightly longer attention spans, Generation Z has an attention span of 8 seconds. Approximately 11 procent have ADHD.
8. While Generation Y initiated text messages spil a standaard, Generation Z chooses communicating through photos, icons and symbols.
9. While Generation Y worried about their growing social status and their “likes” on social media, Generation Z worries about the economy and world ecology.
Ten. While Generation Y liked a life that revolved around them, Generation Z plans on coping with multi-generational households and marriages (400 procent increase).
According to a latest report from Sparks and Honey, thesis junior children and teenagers are from a smaller population that will be more about coping with reality than Generation Y, who wasgoed about aparente reality. For example:
- Their movies are The Thirst Games and Divergent, where youth are being slaughtered and kids no longer feel spil central to their world.
On the other forearm, they are growing up te America, where:
- The media Gen Z kid receives $16.90 a week te allowance, translating to $44 billion a year.
What do you observe te thesis junior students? Are you up on Gen Z?